Home Maintenance

SCCBH can provide assistance with home and garden maintenance to people over 65 years of age (or, if Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, over 50 years of age) who are living at home but who are frail and have some functional limitations.

Services may include, but are not limited to:

• minor home maintenance such as replacing a light bulb or tap washer or cleaning high level cobwebs
• house repair such as minor carpentry, tiling or painting
• garden maintenance such as lawn mowing, rubbish removal or tree pruning

Referrals can be made by anyone, including yourself, family or friends. Referrals are made by ringing My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or logging into My Aged Care website on www.myagedcare.gov.au/referral

Depending upon the circumstances of the person, a contribution of up to $15 may be required, but the financially-disadvantaged will not be excluded from receiving services. The Coordinator will conduct an on-site assessment during which costs will be discussed privately. People may nominate an advocate or representative to both contact My Aged Care on their behalf in order to access services. They should phone My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 Monday to Friday 8.00am – 8.00pm.